GTrans offers special curb-to-curb transportation, using a fleet of 100% wheelchair-accessible vans, for elderly and disabled residents of Gardena, Hawthorne, Alondra Park and Del Aire.
Special Transit Fares
- Regular fare for a one-way trip is $0.75
- Riders from the Gardena Senior Citizens Bureau may purchase S.S.I. tickets for 50 cents.
- The City of Hawthorne sells dial-a-ride tokens to its residents for 75 cents one-way.
- An aide assisting a handicapped passenger rides free of charge; however, the person requiring the aide must have the ID card that specifies the need for the aide service.
Hours of Service (Temporary Modified Schedule)
- Monday – Friday: 7:00 AM — 4:30 PM
- Every other Saturday: 8:00 AM — 2:00 PM
- Holidays: 8:00 AM — 2:30 PM (Call to confirm hours)
How to Apply for Special Transit
Gardena and Los Angeles County (Alondra Park and Del Aire) residents can apply by visiting the administrative office of the Gardena Senior Citizens Bureau:
1670 W 162nd St,
Gardena, CA 90247
Hawthorne residents can apply at the Hawthorne Memorial Center located at:
3901 W. El Segundo Blvd.
Hawthorne, CA 90250
For more information, download the Gardena Special Transit Informational Brochure in English or Spanish.
How to Request a Ride
Call the Gardena Special Transit dispatch at (310) 965-8848 or the Gardena Senior Citizens Bureau at (310) 217-9552 at least 24 hours before you’d like to be picked up, and give them the following information:
- Your name
- Date you wish to travel
- Time and location of initial pickup
- Time and location of return-trip pickup
- Any special circumstances you may have, such as if you are traveling with a wheelchair or seeing eye dog