GTrans offers special curb-to-curb transportation, using a fleet of 100% wheelchair-accessible vans, for elderly and disabled residents of Gardena, Hawthorne, Alondra Park and Del Aire.
Special Transit Fares
- Regular fare for a one-way trip is $0.75
- Legally blind passengers ride free
- Riders from the Gardena Senior Citizens Bureau may purchase S.S.I. tickets for 50 cents.
- The City of Hawthorne sells dial-a-ride tokens to its residents for 75 cents one-way.
- An aide assisting a handicapped passenger rides free of charge; however, the person requiring the aide must have the ID card that specifies the need for the aide service.
Hours of Service
- Monday – Friday 7:00 AM — 5:00 PM
- Saturday 8:00 AM — 5:00 PM
- Sunday and Holidays: 8:00 AM — 2:30 PM
How to Apply for Special Transit
Gardena and Los Angeles County (Alondra Park and Del Aire) residents can apply by visiting the administrative office of the Gardena Senior Citizens Bureau:
1700 W. 162nd St.
Gardena, CA 90247
Hawthorne residents can apply at the Hawthorne Memorial Center located at:
3901 W. El Segundo Blvd.
Hawthorne, CA 90250
For more information, download the Gardena Special Transit Informational Brochure.
How to Request a Ride
Call the Gardena Special Transit dispatch at (310) 965-8848 or the Gardena Senior Citizens Bureau at (310) 217-9552 at least 24 hours before you’d like to be picked up, and give them the following information:
- Your name
- Date you wish to travel
- Time and location of initial pickup
- Time and location of return-trip pickup
- Any special circumstances you may have, such as if you are traveling with a wheelchair or seeing eye dog